Creme caramel is one of my favorite desserts and it’s also really easy to make!
You will need:
- white sugar (600 grams)
- eggs (8)
- vanilla extract (5 mL)
- homogeneous milk (1000 mL)
- Whisk all the eggs and 200g of sugar until mixed.
- Mix in the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Put 400g of sugar in a pot and caramelize the sugar. It should NOT boil or smoke! Make sure your heat is on medium to medium-high and constantly stir until all the sugar is melted. Then set small tin trays in a baking pan and pour the caramelized sugar in to the tin trays until the bottom is covered.
Smaller trays would have been better for single servings but I couldn’t find them =(
- Strain the milk and egg mixture. This is important in ensuring your final product is smooth! After the mixture as been strained, pour it into the trays, but don’t fill it all the way to the top. Pour some water into the baking pan as well since this needs to baked in a water bath.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Let the creme caramels cool and use a knife to go around the edge of the trays and turn the trays upside down on a plate to get the creme caramels out. Then decorate it and it’s ready to be served! The picture below is from when I made these another time. The batch I’m making this time is actually for my parent’s BBQ tomorrow so I can’t plate them just yet XD.
- Serve and enjoy!