Hello hello again!
Awhile ago my boyfriend took a trip to Korea for a friend’s wedding, and he came back with a crapload of Innisfree facial masks. The people helping him at the store were really generous with free samples!
I think I finally gotten around trying out each type he brought back, so I thought I’d share with you my take on some of the Innisfree Natural Essential Masks!
How to use:
Unfold it out from the package and put it on your face, leaving it for 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes, peel off and massage the remaining liquid into your face as if it was a moisturizer.
Personally, I put on toner before I put the mask on, and once I’m finished, I don’t use my moisturizer because my face is moisturized enough from the mask. I try to use the masks 1-2 times a week!
Onwards with the descriptions of each mask!
Skin Moisture & Nourishment – These masks are supposed to provide moisture and nutrients (vitamins) to your skin.
- Avocado: Replenishes nutrition and moisture deep within your skin by protecting and presenting a smooth appearance.
- Honey: Protects your healthy skin by providing rich nutrition and intensive moisturizing effects.
- Shea Butter: Moisture and nourishment to rough and dry skin.
Skin Moisture Only - masks that are all about moisture for dry skin, giving you a dewy look haha :D
- Bamboo: Quenches your thirsty skin by providing ample moisture. (Just writing what’s at the back of the package!)
- Cucumber: Targets devitalized skin by providing your skin with outstanding soothing effects and moisture.
- Oatmeal: Targets sensitive and dry skin by providing a comfortable moisture protection barrier.
I don’t remember a particular one that stood out from this set, but I found that you have to be careful with some of them because they are really watery so the liquid from the masks start to drip after awhile. Keep a tissue handy!
Skin Tone & Texture Restoration – these masks cater to brightening your skin tone, firming your skin, and some help restore/regenerate your skin so it helps to fade away blemishes.
- Pomegranate: Offers resilience and radiance deep within your skin with rich vitamin K ingredients.
- Carrot: Restores and recovers your damaged skin with rich vitamin A ingredients.
- Cabbage: Soothes and fortifies tired and damaged skin.
- Grape: Smooths and softens dry and flaky skin.
- Acai Berry: Provides outstanding antioxidant effects, offering a brighter skin tone.
- Lemon: Moistens and illuminates your skin tone with rich vitamin C ingredients.
My own opinion:
Below is just a before and after picture of me after using a Carrot facial mask. It doesn’t seem like my skin changed a whole lot in the picture but my skin felt a lot softer after I was finished!
- I believe all of the facial masks will give you moisturizing results, some being more effective than others – personally I think avocado was the one of the most moisturizing, and on the other hand, shea butter was mediocre with moisturizing (which is strange, I thought shea butter would be one of the top ones).
- My favourite out of all the masks is carrot! My skin feels the most soft and moisturized after using a carrot mask. For blemishes though, I can’t say for sure that these helped to fade them because I’ve been using them infrequently during the summer right now.
- Masks I would not buy again: Shea butter, pomegranate, grape – they’re not as effective on doing what their descriptiosn say, so I rather buy more of my favourite ones because they make my skin feel so nice!
- The masks don’t smell particularly strong of what they’re supposed to be – they all have a similar fragrant smell to it with a hint of their ingredient. Grape smelled like faint wine, I remember that one!
Where to Buy? I don’t know where to specifically buy these masks online because they were brought over from Korea…but if you could ask someone to buy some for you there, it seems like a better deal if they stack on free samples or extra masks like that!
Anyway! Hope you enjoyed this review, let me know if you have any questions and comments about this! Feel free to “Like” us on Facebook, have a great Sunday :) Thanks!